From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2017 20:22:59 -0400
Paul> Waiting to see who comes out. Have you thought of putting a cell protector on?

I did think about some way to capture her but the whole experiment came apart on my last inspection. Instead of capping the cell when they should have,  they widened the end (see the pic) and consumed almost everything inside. It seemed a little unnatural that they would make this much effort only to consume their work but I think found a possible reason why. Early on I searched the donor frame a few times for emergency cells but this time I shook all the bees off and noticed a very small capped cell neatly tucked inside a passageway.  It had a purple eye queen so it makes at least some sense that they had an alternative and could abandon the cell I've been observing.

But hope springs eternal, I'm going to take some time and build up the colony then start over. I'm just beginning to think how I might film the whole thing.

https://pix.sfly.com/WOac_S

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT