From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 17:27:19 -0400
Aaron Morris wrote:
> I have a friend who recently had knee replacement surgery, who is also
> an ardent proponent of bee sting therapy.  My friend is now taking Dr.
> prescribed Coumarin and asked if I knew of anyone who might have first
> hand experience with a combined Coumarin/bee sting regimen?  Anyone?

Interesting , but google it and you get a lot of use of coumarin to
counter bee and insect stings, so you may have a problem with one
neutralizing the other.

This is one of those questions that even your Doctor probably has no
idea what happens.

A bigger question is what are the bee stings for? If the knee, I would
be very cautious since you are creating a wound with the sting which
might allow bacteria to enter and that is terribly dangerous since
they go right for the operation site. I would not do it, after seeing
what a friend went through after a knee operation and bacterial infection.

My wife had a knee operation and has to take preventative antibiotics
  with every visit to the Dentist. So bacterial infection and knee
replacement are closely linked.

I would use honey on the wound, however, with the Doctor's permission.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine