From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 10:17:05 -0700
At 04:21 PM 10/31/96 -0600, you wrote:
>This is my first year in beekeeping and I have yet to master the use of my
>smoker.  I can get a fire going producing good smoke, but by the time I
>pull my gloves on, the smoker quits. Any advice on correct procedure here?

Judy,

You will no doubt get lots of suggestions here but here is mine anyway. What
fuel are you using?

Try burlap for a fuel.  If it still goes out then your smoker may need
cleaning.  I don't meam the black gunk that builds up on the inside but
rather the air entrance (that spot where the bellows blows air into the
burning chamber).

Good luck.

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada