From:
Milt Lathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:56:24 -0400
I have a couple of hives started from packages this spring - they were slow
coming on so I didn't take any honey from them.  They have been medicated
and treated. One hive is a deep & a medium - the other is 3 mediums.
I went in to remove strips and the hives are stuffed top to bottom with
bees on capped honey & syrup. The queens barely have room to lay and as far
as I can tell there isn't much stored pollen. The outside top frames are
still mostly unworked foundation.
Is a late swarm a valid concern?
Can I add a super for space now and take it away in a month or so?
I don't have drawn comb to give them and the temps are beginning to go
below freezing here at night - just east of Seattle.
I welcome advice (& opinions).
Thanks.