Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:42:07 -0500
> I see auger holes on each brood box. Could you please explain to us, new beekeepers

That is an interesting question.  We've discussed the pros and cons of auger holes and their purposes many times here on BEE-L, so a quick search of the archives should provide far more answers than I have time to write here and now.  I also have all that info on my website and it should pop up using the search there.  Let me know if you can't find what you need.

> your setup upward (from the top brood box). Do you have inner cover?  Is this 1" rim (which is inside top cover, telescoping cover) on top of inner cover?  Did I get it right?

I don't use inner covers, and that is also explained in detail both in the archives and at honeybeeworld.com.

---

Lately, we have been getting a number of questions which are covered in the archives, so I'm wondering if people are having a problem with them and the search?  Let us know if this is the case.

Since BEE-L is a single-channel delivery system, we would get choked with traffic and lose membership if we revisit too many old topics which have been covered well in the past with nothing new added.

---

As we often mention, members, both new and old, are encouraged to consult the archives ofen when thinking of posting a question that is likely to have been answered there and then posting to the list and renewing that thread if the answer is insufficient, wrong, or provocative.

There is a wealth of information in the archives and some members -- believe it or not -- tell me that they read the entire archive and never post!  Some of the material is dull, but much of it is quite enlightened.

---

Keeping the archives readable is why we grind members about deleting excess quotes, keeping on topic, and writing quality posts to the list.  Our perspective is that BEE-L should be a good and sometimes inspiring read for the majority of the members -- a significant number of whom are professionals in the industry and/or writers -- and not necessarily a place for people to chat.

---

Since the move to the new server, there may or may not be problems finding and using the search, since we seem to get quite a few questions which are answered in the archives.

If people are having problems finding or using the archive search, please let us know.

Of course, if the process of reading and thinking inspires new insights on even a basic question, everyone will be interested.