From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:29:47 -0400
>In my opinion, it really would be quite impossible for a person to
>become sensitized to bee venom, which is injected by the sting into the
>body, by breathing dust coming off a beesuit.  A person becomes
>sensitized to venom by becoming stung over a period of time.  A person
>might also become sensitized to the various large molecules in the dust
>of a beesuit by breathing it, but this would be a different matter
>entirely.

Could some of the proteins that would get on the suit from coming into
contact with "bee parts" cause the spouse's immune system to begin to
develop antibodies. For example it is now thought that breathing the dust of
roach remains can cause some problems. Once the immune system has begun to
"key" to these proteins, then the larger exposure from a the contents of the
posion sac could cause the systematic reaction.

If the same proteins are in the dust and the sting then it could have some
relation. Maybe?