From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:43:49 -0800
>At 07:33 PM 10/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Dave and I were having a hard time this year getting our bees to 'remove'
>>or 'use' the extender patties when we placed it on the inner cover or as a
>>single patty over the frames.  Sure can't help the bees if they don't touch

As a rule in feeding honeybees, matters not what, the more sugar the grater
or faster it's used. Does not mean they get any good out of it but it will
disappear.

Being close to Halloween I will confess I have even fed my bees a few
hundred pounds of dried cows blood in a dozen different formulations. (barf-)

I was lucky I did not kill any bees that time but I did get caught in a
rain storm going out to a yard and if you saw that old Halloween flick with
the bucket of blood falling on the queen of the prom you have some idea of
what I looked like after putting out that batch of super high protein
patties.

ttul, the OLd Drone
http://beenet.com