From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:35:59 -0500
 I am hoping that
> Bob will let me know if the changes he mentioned in bee size were linear,
> volumetric, or changes in mass.\

I really do not know what the changes were but suspect the work done by Dr.
Jaycox would been on a higher level than the research of my friend Dennis
Murrel (with no disrespect to Dennis).

The way Dr. Jaycox presented his research to beekeepers it seemed to me the
changes were in mass. As with much of research of the day I could not see
the usefulness of his research into cell size.

After our emails back and forth (Dennis) I picked up 25 lbs. of 4.9
foundation to experiment with ( Dadant). I was later told by Dee the die was
wrong and the foundation was not really 4.9mm. so I really should not be
commenting on small cell.

Dee and I used to email back and forth. She suggested I experiment with the
fully drawn 4.9mm. but to be honest the cost plus shipping was high compared
to what I normally pay in quantity for foundation/ plastic frames *and* I
have never liked fully drawn plastic frames although some beeks swear by
those.

The main thing I learned in private conversation with Dee was that she
believes strongly in the benefits of her methods. Also Dee is not driven by
monetary rewards. Only healthy bees and clean honey. Dee has been able to
send her honey into the U.K. and the U.K. has very strict standards.

Maybe when I started sending emails starting with "Dear Girlfriend" Dee
thought our pen pal relationship was getting out of hand.

bob

Ps. Did you ever try the cork method Dr. Farrar used to move the bees around
in his brood boxes Allen?