From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 21:51:20 -0400
> According to the book "Pollinator Protection: Bee and Pesticide  Handbook"
> recommended to us by Jerry Bromenshenk a few days  ago:
>
> Glad to see someone reading the book.  For those who wanted to argue  with
> me after my post - you will find, I think, that this book covers a lot more
> than simply acute toxicity tests in a lab.

The book is no longer available from Amazon or Chapters/Indigo.  Google
lists no sellers for it any more.  Unlike Christine, who was likely able to
access it in her university library,  there is no place on PEI for me to
find the book.

I am however surprised you thought I wanted to argue with you.  I was
agreeing that it is difficult to compare insecticides (the title I gave the
thread) now that government and universities no longer do much of the non
company sponsored research and pointing out that the acute toxicity tests
in a lab are some tool at least to do that for which we have comparable
information.

Also, I am interested in your opinion about the older insecticides.  Here,
as I said, I had some temporary hive kills and damage from them but never a
major loss in 40 years.  You have had much more experience than I and so
what have you seen, where labels were followed?

Stan