From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:49:41 -0500
As a member of the American Beekeeping Federation, I just received an urgent
message asking that I contact my Congressional elected representatives to
object to proposed reductions in the $246MM (that's millions, folks) budget
for honey bee research.  Yikes, $246 Million!

This is an example of the difficulty we, as Americans, are in.  *Our ox *is
getting gored.  So, the call to arms goes out.

Why can't we spend just $15 million on Varroa and let all the rest go?  Ok,
you twisted my arm...$15 million on Varroa and another $10 million on
neonics.  While I consider some of the USDA folks involved in honey bee
research as 'friends', $246 million is insane in the wider view of things.
And with honey at $1.50 a pound (in the barrel) why can't we (privately)
fund what we need?  I'll do my share.

I won't be writing a letter...

Lloyd