From:
bob darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:49:16 -0500
On 7-Mar-07, at 6:52 PM, Brian Fredericksen wrote:

>> When the US border closed in 1986 to package bees things changed,
>> but we
>> canucks have every disease and pest the US beekeepers have, but we
>> don't
>> have any African bees, big deal,the border closure bought us time
>> but made
>> us very inefficent.Wintering costs more than package bees.
>>

> so you have lots of small hive beetles in Canada ? Eh? and TM
> resistant AFB?

Hi Brian and all

Not lots of small hive beetles, but, small hive beetles arrived in
Alberta and Manitoba in packages from Oz.  TM resistant AFB in
Alberta from ????? in empty drums???.

Is the "world's longest 'unprotected' border" the only defense left?

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W(Hmmm south of the 49th and Mn, but still the Great White North
-25C this week but climbing soon)

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *