From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:43:36 -0000
Hi Pav & All

----- Original Message -----
From: Pav <[log in to unmask]>

> Between the boxes obviously, but specifically are you also using it
internally on frames?  If so, any
> thoughts on how much the bees like it the smell etc?

Initially I did not use it on frames but I now coat the endgrain of the
topbar and the top bar upper
surface but ignore the lugs as they can become slippy and difficult to hold.
I also coat the lug space within the boxes.

I have never noticed any reaction at all by the bees, don't forget petroleum
jelly is made from beeswax.

As regards slippage between boxes this does not occur in my system as all
boxes are clipped together with stainess "Z" spring clips.

http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman/zsprings.html

Illustrates how this is achieved.

Regards From:- Dave Cushman, G8MZY
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding, website