From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:31:07 -0500
I realize that this is pain in the butt question, so here it is:

Whilst dealing with some hives today (04/10/2006) - noticed a bee
carrying well packed pollen on the hind legs - usual placement.

This pollen was Blue in colour - between Royal and Navy blue.
Not metallic as that shed by Phacelia tenacetifolia (seen that in Europe).

Any ideas?

The hives are situated on the edge of the Pembina valley, in the
Aspen/Oak parkland area of southern Manitoba. Agricultural area
immediately to south (Canola/Sunflower), Burr Oak woodland to north with
grazed meadow and Riparian scrub.

We had a killing frost last night.
Presume that it is too late for Vipers Bugloss.

Other local beekeepers depending on advice suggest I leave off or start
the tablets. But one other has seen the same

Peter.