From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:00:46 -0700

________________________________

"We already know that small holders have 99% of the country's hives, so their numbers in surveys will always be higher than commercial beekeepers."

Is that really what you meant to say, Pete? Or is it that
small holders make up 99 percent of beekeepers?

I’m sure you can access the true numbers, but I’m under the
impression that it’s the large holders who own the majority of hives. I’ve
repeatedly read that something like two-thirds of U.S. managed colonies go to
pollinate almonds – surely those are not mostly backyard beekeepers.

Eugene Makovec
Missouri USA