Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 18:08:33 -0400
> Look Charles, What I actually think, I keep it to myself, as it is not relevant.

> If your not actually going to post what you think, and apply your own experiences and thoughts,  it seems to me to be loss.

Hi all,

I said early on in this discussion that I am trying to look at the big picture. Each and every beekeeper has a point of view, and all beekeeping is local. Ever since I worked in a bee supply store in the 1970s, I realized that there is a vast range of practices. Some work better than others, but it all depends on conditions, skill, luck, etc., ad infinitum. Working as a bee inspector for several seasons further convinced me that there is no one right way to do things; there are a million wrong ones, though.

What I actually think is: what should I do if this is my last year keeping bees? Sell the lot of them, and buy drinks for everyone in the house? Long after I can't pick up a bee box, I will be surrounded by my books and antique equipment. Even if I sold it all, I would still be vexed by the "many unanswered questions," and would end up reading the latest research. For the millionth time, don't take this stuff personally, don't expect answers from me, only questions. Randy has answers.

PLB