From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:59:31 EDT
You can argue the terms, but CCD symptoms are reported by beekeepers with
only one colony, as well as those with hundreds, thousands, or even tens of
thousands.

Now, I have more confidence in reports of experienced beekeepers than in
those who say, this is my first hive.  Nevertheless, we've heard from all  sizes
and all kinds of beekeepers, from small to huge, those who migrate and  those
who don't, in all parts of the country.  We did not update the map  this year,
but reports over the past months have filled in nearly every  state.  The
only states not reporting are those with a bee inspector who  insists that their
state does NOT have CCD and where most of the beekeepers are  very small
operations.

My guess, the small operations believe their inspectors.  In states  with
large operations, regardless of the state's position, we hear from or get
samples from large, experienced operations that make up their own minds.

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.