From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:19:21 -0400
>Still, the quote from the Canadian Honey Council is four years old, and that is why I wondered if Bob or anyone else had heard differing reports more recently.

I do not know of *seed* canola grown in most areas of the U.S.. Each crop which the neonics are used on seems unique.

When the neonics (Imid) was first used In the Delta Eugene I heard from Neil Bergman (Delta Bee 8000 hives) Kevin Jester (West Ridge Arkansas 3000 hives) and Hubert Tubbs ( Mississippi 4000 hives) saying serious issues.

Kevin relocated to Florida and Hubert and his son quit the delta commercial and became Russian queen breeders in a different area. I have not spoke with Neal lately.

When temik /then Imid was introduced into orange groves for Canker beekeepers reported problems The problem came from the pollen I have been told. Possibly nectar.

Pumpkins (dave Hackenberg / Penn.) & watermelons (Gene Brandi / Calif.) using the neonics are crops I hear plenty of problems with.

To completely ignore commercial beekeepers issues about the above and long soil life of certain neonics( Stan BEE-L) is really beginning to piss a few beekeepers off.

To use Canada canola to say the neonics are not problematic does not work.

Lets talk about neonic issues on sunflowers over seas?

bob