From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:57:01 +0200
Luca wrote

I want to know what do you think about use of Oxalic Acid in treatments against Varroasis.
I'm very satisfied of it.

I didn't try Oxalic acid myself but some beekeepers are satisfied with it. They spray it a few times in August There is noticed that after such spraying the bees don't take food (sugar syrup) from a feeder about 2 days. Furthermore, some beekeepers accuse the Oxalic acid of a Queen sterilising (stops egg laying ).

.Some beekeepers like formic acid. But sometimes bees are killed. The reason is supposed to be very great amount of Varroa mites in a colony. It means too much holes in a body of everyone bee.

Some use a net on a hive bottom and an exciting means, for eg : garlic, horse-radish, juniper, hop, etc.

Rimantas Zujus
Kaunas
LITHUANIA

e-mail : [log in to unmask]