From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:18:28 EDT
<Never forget automictic teletokous parthenogenesis. It has been proven and
is a
cut and dried answer, even though not often understood. Perhaps not relevant
in
every case, but moving eggs between hives ... correct me if I'm wrong ... has
never been proved.>

    I presume we're talking about queenright colonies. This would require
laying workers alongside a queen. Has this ever been seen?

Regards,

Robert Brenchley