From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 01:12:02 -0400
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:45 PM, James Fischer  wrote:

> Not sure how much the cappings are worth to you as a revenue source, but
> combs with minimal (nearly zero) wax loss as a result of harvest are worth
> thinking about.

Our uncapper does quite decent job. It even wins over the 80 frame spinner.
We work with 9 frames in the honey supers, so there is plenty to cut and
still having leaving a deep cell . Depending on frame thickness we end up
with wax equivalent 1% to 2% of honey weight. Say 500 kg on average.

We could keep on shovelling the cappings in to old honey drums for latter
heating and wax melting, but it would be neat to finish the extraction with
all the cappings processed.