From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2017 10:00:48 -0400

> > The results reported here suggest that the Varroa population exposed
> during 8 successive years to oxalic acid treatments remains susceptible to
> this acid.

I find it interesting they are evaluating potential resistance to OA,
without actually understanding how OA impacts varroa (my understanding is
there are theories on how it kills varroa, but no definitive proof). Seems
more logical to understand how it works first, than to determine if it will
continue to work long term.

But still, very good news. OA has been a great arrow in my quiver, and
while I've heard reports from Europe where it has been used for a decade
with no resistance, until now I just considered it mostly unsubstantiated
"back woods" claims.