From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:33:01 -0500
On 14 Apr 97 at 22:51, Barry Birkey wrote: Re: HeartsHomeFarm:
HeartsHomeFarm:

> Edward A Markus wrote:
> >
> >    A not so new but still struggling beekeeper (myself),  asks,  now that
> > have  I found a source of HFCS I feel I can afford , how the heck do I
> > reliquify a barrel of this great product?  1.  cheaply  2.  easily  ??
>
> It sounds like you and Mr. Eyre ought to talk to each other. Didn't we just hear of a
> nifty solution to this problem coming from Canada? Some kind of band heater? Take it
> from here, David.

I have never been one to hide my light under a barrel. So for the ones not
interested, I aplolgise for the use of your time.

"Melt Belt"
One of the major problems with beekeeping is the storage of the honey crop.
One way is to pack it quickly and sell it before it has time to granulate.
The second way is to store in larger containers, 50 or 100 lbs and even
larger. Now we have a problem! How to get the honey out when it becomes
solid?
        The ways are legion, from large, bulky, space consuming warming
cabinets, to the uneconomical bathtub filled with hot water.
         NO MORE! "Melt Belt" to the rescue!! Designed specifically to slow warm
plastic pails, it wraps around and is held in place by friction.
Electrical, works on 110 volts, low wattage, CSA approved. No thermostat
necessary, no scorching possible. One year unconditional guarantee.
Operating costs? No more than leaving on a light bulb. Works on plastic or
stainless steel, for very large containers two or more could be used.
Cost? Just $14.75 US or $19.95 CDN. Please e-mail with your address to
check shipping costs.
         Look out for a larger version (coming shortly) suitable to warm your
extractor. Warm honey filters faster!

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Dealers for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks