From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:54:52 -0400
At 06:45 PM 9/14/05 -0400, you wrote:
>As to the frequency, there *may* be an increase, or may not.  I do not know.
>Seems to me that I heard that there was no statistically significant
>increase in deaths from bee stings in newly colonized AHB areas in the USA
>over what was measured before under EHB, that could not be explained by
>changes in human populations and other factors.
>
>Anybody have the facts?

I have to wonder at what a "statistically significant" increase in stinging
deaths would be? Anways, all "the facts" are probably out there, somewhere.
I did find this site which has some of the facts:

http://bees.ucr.edu/ahb-facts.html

At the bottom there is a table listing 6 separate deaths attributed to AHB
over a period of a few years. All the fatalities were older people who
presumably were unable to run away fast enough- an assertion I've read
before about other sting fatalities.

George-

George & Nancy Fergusson
Sweet Time Apiary