From:
greg roody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:21:45 -0400
Pretty topical thread given I got stung THROUGH a pair of leather gloves
today.  They are the kind that go up to your elbows and are very thick.

I was removing Apistan strips, so the hive was a little worked up, but not
what I would call angry, when all of a sudden this one bee darts over, digs
into the glove finger with everything she had, and zinnnng.......  She got
me right on the knuckle through the glove.  The glove was tight because I
was holding the hive tool in that hand, but KI never thoughtthe y could get
through one of those.

Oh well, it's probably the last one anyway till next season.  There isn't
much left to do this year ,,,,,,,,