From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:39:39 -0500
>  We will lose 12% of our natural hardwoods over the next 20 years here
>in our county because of the Emerald Ash Borer.
>
>As far as anyone knows it was brought here, from Asia, to Canada, and
>then to the United States via LEGAL trade. THe theory is that it came
>over via cargo skids used to transport legally traded goods.

Well, yes. The goods were legally imported. Trouble is with the
skids. They were illegal. It's illegal to use skids made from green
wood to transport goods into this country.

Let see...Honey, royal jelly, prawns and salmon with chloramphenicol,
pet food and baby formula with melamine, toothpaste with ethylene
glycol, toys with high lead content, and pallets made from green wood
containing Emerald Ash Borers and Asian Long Horned Beetles.

And I just wanna buy a pair of boots made in the US.
Mike