From:
Tim Damon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:58:19 -0500
  I am in need of a good "pocket" field guide(s) of honeybee forage plants.
Hopefully one with color photos and descriptions. I have plenty of
published works with forage description with B/W photos, however they are
of lesser value when out on walks or on a drive in search of locations
and/or bloom. I am sure this is due to my need to be able to visually
compare an "in living color" photo with the real thing, also most of the
books that I have are just to big to take to the field. Such a guide would
also be valuable in keeping records of bee yard activities. Also a guide to
aid in identifying pollen as it comes in would be interesting and helpful.
As a fairly new hobbyist, these are avenues of Beekeeping (identifying
forage & record keeping), that every year I say I am going to do a better
job at, and always end up disappointed with my progress. I am located in
southeastern Michigan, USA. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Tim Damon
Ann Arbor, MI - USA