Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2018 20:43:46 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Gee, can we please stop this pointless thread? Charlie, as much as I’m interested in your farming angle, I’m with Pete on this one. The moment I hit spelling & grammar errors, ill-thought out sentences, mental shortcuts, ad-hominem arguments, etc. the email goes into trash. I don’t have the time or the patience to figure out what the author might have meant. I don’t need to go back to your original emails and re-read them for that one, particular word that you are focused on, but which is lost in the word salad that surrounds it.

I’m sorry for harsh words, but I’d rather read your thoughts in a more clear & concise manner. This is 2018 - every single email program has a built-in spell and grammar checker - why aren’t people using them by default?!. Aaron complains about the excessive quoting, but when I cannot make heads or tails of a sentence, I just give up on the entire email - it’s not worth my time.

And to circle back to the original point of this thread - there’s a reason why editors exist. To help authors shape their words to reach their target audience. Let’s all remember that - the Delete key is all too easy to use, :-(

Przemek

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 5:14 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Hardly Pete
> 
> When one is going to reply the common courtesy is to read, reread. And then explain.
> 

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2