From:
Predrag Cvetkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 23:32:14 +0200
Murray wrote:

> I have seen with my own eyes, on MANY occasions, bees carrying away
> eggs. Never actually seen them being deposited in cells by the workers,
> but they must take them somewhere. The secret is that these are NOT eggs
> already laid in cells whereby the queen will already, by gauging the
> cell, have eiher issued a fertilised or unfertilised egg. These eggs are
> taken directly from the queens abdomen, and never were in a cell, so the
> likelihood is that without cell guaging, it is unlikely that the egg
> will have been fertilised, and the results are almost universally drone,
> irrespective of what type of cell the bees deposit it in.

Murray, thanks a lot for your precious input!
I hope it will be extremely useful to explain observations that my friend
Srdjan Todorovski made about bees carrying eggs and putting into queen cell
cups. He wrote an article 'New Purposes of Artificial Queen Cell Cups
(Biological role of bell shaped cells)'

We will be very thankful to everyone who can have a look at the article at
my website and tell us his opinion:
http://www.pcela.co.yu/bell_shaped_cells1.htm
The article has two parts, pictures are not too good but I think Srdjan will
make new ones this year.

Best regards
Predrag Cvetkovic