From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:00:48 +0100
Hi gurus, I need your help, your vast experience.

As you might know weather over here in southern Chile have been horrible. It
rained almost all october and great part of november. I have been heavilly
feeding. Colonies are in great shape tough. Well the ones I had been taking
care of (app 1800).

During the only one week with great weather those colonies drawn one full
box of foundation and fill it up with canola honey. In the following two
weeks the queen climbed up the super and on todays inspection for cups the
panorama is more or less as follow. Two boxes full of healthy bees, super
with capped brood and brood box full of larvae or egg.

The weather forecast is promising. Temperatura raising, more sunny days than
rainy ones, and the rainy ones with good temperature. Everywhere around the
sites one sees plenty of ground flora (many of them quite nectiferous). In
the surrounding forest many vines full of buds ready to open. Pollen is
plenty, with some colonies harvesting well over 400 gr per day in the bottom
traps (40 traps installed for autum patties pollen supply).

The question is: How many supers with draw comb to put on, two or three or
more? I feel the scenario is much like what I imagine is Canada, the
praires.

I was used to following the hives with the supers, sometimes undersupering,
ie a slow but steady flow. But I am afraid this time, given the described
conditions we will have an explosive flow for 15 or so days.

All comments are wellcome.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.