From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:32:42 -0600
> FWIW the method that you have just described is an illegal application of
> a pesticide and is IMHO inconsistent with the labeling as approved by the
> FDA and the state in which you reside. Illegal use of a pesticide is a
> crime on both federal and state levels.

This is a good thng to point out.  Nonetheless, we don't know if there is
something promising here that might eventually be legal, or that it is not
acceptable in some places where people read BEE-L.  Researchers (and many
read BEE-L but do not post) also may find this an interesting avenue, worth
pursuing.

> This is no different than using a witches brew such as I have described in
> the archives; the pesticide may very well be approved for a particular
> application per the labeled instructions; however, a target not on the
> list is a no-no.

Not knowing the details, I reserve judgement, but appreciate hearing the
report and hope peoplle will continue to discuss non-permissible treatments
where of interest, while adding the caveats that Chuck provided.

I have no idea what 'roach gel' actually is, but some compounds, like borax,
might be very safe to humans and achieve acceptance by authorities, in the
way that oxalic has.

allen

People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.
            -- Ogden Nash