From:
Kim Flottum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:08:13 -0400
 I do not know who Brian Fredericksen is, but I do have trouble with his
recent post on this list.
Right off, I am speaking for myself, and not on record for the American
Bee Journal, however, I suspect what I say would be supported by Joe
Graham. Since both U.S. Bee Publications are monthly, there is an
unavoidable delay of about 2+ weeks from the time we close an issue
until it is in the hands of readers. However, both Journals have
reliable reports as current as that timetable allows, written by
scientists, beekeepers and reporters, and neither have simply reports of
reports of this CCD event. Both had reporters at the meeting in Florida,
and both now have reporters in the field finding and talking to
beekeepers, researchers and others who have both a vested interest in
this situation, and first hand knowledge of the situation. I do not know
if this CCD event as serious as it seems or not, but I will wait until
credible reports are presented before I damn the industry, or curse the
media.

Both publications may rely.....? I have trouble with that accusation,
too. You have offhandedly damned both journals with your very broad
brush, and discounted the credibility of both U.S. bee publications with
one fell swoop...And, since the recent issues of both magazines have
obviously not yet been read, you damn us further without proof of what
either journal has done.
I await with anticipation the next edition of your journal that
absolutely relies on something other than assumptions.

Kim Flottum
Editor, BeeCulture
623 West Liberty Street
Medina, Ohio  44256