From:
Baker's Bees <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2018 18:21:21 -0600
> On Mar 26, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Brion Dunbar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> We've found that placing a half dose between the chambers to be less effective, but I'm
>> interested in the degree for your statement of being "much" less effective?
>
>  It was based on your article about realizing you had been doing it counter to manufacturers suggestion

The manufacturers recommend placing it directly above the brood. Whether this is between or on top will depend on your specific hive.

"4 Can I use Apiguard with a brood and a half or a double brood?
Yes, but bear in mind that the level of mite control may be slightly lower than with a single brood chamber as the number of bees that need to receive treatment is higher. Most bees, brood and varroa will usually be in the lower brood chamber, so place the Apiguard on top of the brood frames of the lower chamber and put the second brood chamber on top (so that the Apiguard is between the two brood boxes). Repeat after 2 weeks, following Point 2 above."

https://vitaeurope.s3.amazonaws.com/VitaApiguardFAQ201709.pdf <https://vitaeurope.s3.amazonaws.com/VitaApiguardFAQ201709.pdf>

David Baker
To Bee or Not To Bee
Denver, CO USA