Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:23:04 -0400
Mike

I tried requeening in late September with nucs and direct with queen
cages about 5 years ago here in southwest Ohio. Neither method produced
good results; I lost over half of all those colonies by winter. My
feeling is that nucs are a bit more positive, but given a choice, I will
no longer requeen in the fall. For me, fall requeening is a total waste
of time and money.

Spring startups in April and May have been very positive for me at this
location. Results may differ drastically in other parts of the world.

Wade
--
Web Site:  http://www.honeyhillfarm.com
E-mail:      [log in to unmask]