From:
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:14:59 -0400
>to whether the observed event reported by Dave (in Canada)
is CCD -- or not.

continuing events Alan
It is not my imagination the winter losses for the
past 3y, last winter if 2 had not starved (my fault)
it would have been only 50%
only 50%  --  yes that's doing well isn't it
After several confirmations that something is wrong
you stop questioning yourself -- after 6 or 8 times
But those only reading about it continue to question,
it is hard to believe if you don't have the experience
over a few years
06 & 07 winter loss was worse,
Vitamain C helps a lot since it's viral
(15gm/hive/yr,  more better)
Keeps them from absconding

As to cleaning hives (disinfecting),
what about the bees?
They are a resevoir of infection
Are you going to kill them ALL
and clean all the corpses into the compost?
And a new bee yard?

Maybe it's not my imagination that I hear a
querelous note to their hum? It's pretty subtle

Another listserv bug (continueing). Right click
says spell check, does nothing
(this slax live cd doesn't have ispell)

dave