From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:24:58 -0800
Thank you for bringing up those two studies Ghislain,

Judy Wu worked closely with the Calif beekeepers, and we funded her
research.  Her findings suggested that beekeeper-applied miticides were the
main problem, perhaps in association with ag chemicals.

Re the study by Severine Suchail that you cited, may I suggest that you
read the full study?  At first glance at her graphs you will see that it is
clearly apparent that something was wrong with her experiment.  All
treatment groups died at nearly the same rate, with no dose response, nor
response to the degree of toxicity of the metabolites.

There were also a number of other problems with her study, which I would be
glad  to discuss after you read the paper.  The conclusions were criticized
in the literature.  It appeared to both the critic and to me that she
simply didn't feed the caged bees enough sucrose, and starved them to
death.  It is truly unfortunate that her study was not retracted, since it
is so often cited.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA