From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 20:30:35 -0500
>  Most commercial guys don't.

Really? That's surprising.  You'd think they'd care about the quality of the
essential product they buy, queens.

Nope  most have a replacement schedule and follow it.

> that only leaves the middle ground of quasi researchers.

Come on!  Do you not have at least a spiral notebook and a pencil?
Seriously?

How can anyone call themselves a beekeeper if they have no notes with which
to compare their present situation?

Well,  first off  in some cases (like me,  tons of research wiped out by a
PC virus.....)  should have stuck with paper and pencil,  but it doesn't
sort well

Sounds to me like they are doomed to repeat the same errors, over and over
each year.
No notes makes one a first-year beekeeper every year!
There are even apps for phones to track hive data (but I don't see consumer
electronics as being a good idea in the beeyard, I had too many Palm Pilots
die due to one mishap or another, and learned the hard way that paper rules.

While I may disagree a bit,  records are not something most beekeepers keep.
Some of us still have a thing called memory!....

I see your point,  and grant it... but its not reality for most was my
point.