From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:23:24 -0500
> It seems this is excessive.  I've had the extractor for about 20
> years.  Have other subscribers had similar problems?

Sure! I would check to see if you can take some weight off the bearing by
maybe shimming the top bolts.

I always double load extractors (do you Aaron?) which puts more pressure on
the bearing than the extractor was designed to take. Thus wearing out
bearings. Luckily you do not need to pull your basket with a forklift.

bearings are cheap compared to the labor involved. However buy a quality
bearing if possible ( made in the USA).

The last time I went to get a bearing for one of the older machines the auto
parts store said to stock up as less than ten were sold in the entire year.
I could still get the bearing.

As long as the bearing number is readable bearings are available. If not a
machine shop  can use a micrometer and get the measurements. matter of a
couple minutes. Even a knowledgeable auto parts man should be able also.

The old Woodsman extractors use old sized bearings.

bob