From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:05:29 -0400
If i had to start again, I'd use all mediums (no deep or shallow).
This gives you only one size of equipment.  More efficient than
shallows, not nearly as heavy as deeps.  And I would use
wooden frames with plastic foundation, they hold up better and
are much easier to install than wax, and are more repairable than
all plastic frames, etc.

Find a local beekeeper and see if you can help him a day in
each season (spring, summer, harvesting, fall, wintering, etc.)

Find the nearest beekeeping organization, they can be of
invaluable help.

-Tim