Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:24:11 GMT
From: randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

>Dean, may I implore you and Ramona not to take survivability to the
end and allow yourselves to starve to death!

that was my point, we have diversified our operation so that we can make a living without relying on our bees producing anything in the short (or long) term in order to eat, or to pay the mortgage.

>I do not feel that allowing either colonies of bees nor families of beekeepers to die in the process of finding solutions is always necessary.

well, of course it's not always necessary, but it's up to each of us to decide what is necessary to ourselves.  we fell it's necessary to allow some bees to die in pursuit of our goals.  others feel it's necessary to move bees up to 20 times a year.  rest assured, we are far from rich, but we are by no means going hungry.  we are both good cooks, and get wonderful produce from the farmer we work with, and meat from his daughter (neither of which is organic, but are certainly "organicish").

deknow