From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 13:22:13 GMT
Allen--

    Not sure what the rules are in Canada, but here in the U.S. both denatured
ethanol and isopropanol can be purchased as "rubbing alcohol."  You have to
read the label, and check whether the denaturant will interfere with
preserving the bees/mites.

    Again this is local rules, but at the Pennsylvania state liquor stores one
can buy _un_denatured ethanol, 190-proof (the pure stuff).  You have to pay
the liquor tax on it, but for a small quantity it could be reasonable.  If
Alberta has independent liquor retailers, you might ask one whether he'd order
some for you.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID     | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."