From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:47:17 -0700
> I received a bite from a large Chilean brown recluse about
> two hours ago.
> About two inches from my right eye.
>
> Sadly I report the recluse is no longer with us.

reply:
Not good hearing.

continuing:
> Despite what is said on the internet the recluse will jump
> and bite. The severity of the bite many times depends on if the spider has used venom recently.

reply;
Right and again not good hearing.

> To be continued.
> others with recluse stories?

reply;
Had bite several years ago on left wrist inside over veins. Not good place to get bit..

So Bob, would go see doctor tomorrow, especially seeing the bite marks, for the spider bite rots the skin and flesh badly and fast, .... and then once starting needs to be cut out and stitched shut besides decontamination.......and you certainly  don't need to lose possible sight of one eye by waiting too long....    Anyway, just my thoughts.

Dee A. Lusby
p.s. and yes, I still have scar on left wrist from the rotting flesh/skin having to be cut away to a clean point for stiching shut.