From:
Michael Traynor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:21:02 -0400
Hi Keith,

I could not agree with you more on this matter. I would think that at
least most of us came to this or any other list, to learn by exchanging
of our experiences whether good or bad in beekeeping. We should not be
here to just take information on face value. However, email is not the
best way to communicate because each person who reads any email will
"understand" it differently. When  you speak to anyone in person it is
not just what you say, but how you say it. In an email the sender can be
making a joke, a statement of fact or just their way of insulting. The
information may be received as false, because the reader has other
information or just many unanswered questions. The intent of any email
is to pass on a small packet of information, not download a book.

People having questions can politely ask the questions as you would
courteously do if the person where there with you. Speaking negatively
in public on any list is showing bad form in a public place. I realize
that 99.44% of this list is aware of all of the above, but wouldn't it
be nice if 100% of any list would listen and help those that they
consider wrong in a proper and polite way?

It is very acceptable to listen to anyone who disagrees with you, when
they are not in your face, especially on a public forum.

Michael