Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:33:56 GMT
Hi all, a few other things worth considering having to do with bgh.  This concerns me quite a bit, as it seems to me that calling honey "treatment free" would deal with some of the same issues as milk produced without BGH.

In the following, note that the reporters lost their suit...they are not considered "whistle blowers" unless they are reporting something illegal.  It is perfectly legal to report false news.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_somatotropin#Lawsuit_against_WTVT
"In 1997, Steve Wilson and Jane Akre were terminated by television station WTVT, a FOX affiliate in Tampa, Florida. They filed suit, claiming the termination was due to their involvement in an investigative report criticizing Monsanto's use of rBGH, which the station did not air. Wilson and Akre claimed the station had engaged in "news distortion" under pressure from Monsanto. The lawyers from Monsanto had previously threatened WTVT, warning them that negative consequences would occur in the case that the original story would be published. Akre stated that she and Wilson were fired after 83 rewrites over 8 months.[24] WTVT later aired an edited report, which included responses from Monsanto, while replacing the word "cancer" with "negative health implications" throughout the original. WTVT ultimately won the suit, and the plaintiff's claims were dismissed.[citation needed] WTVT won the case because Wilson and Akre did not have whistle-blower status. The reason they did not have whistle-blower status is because it is legal to report false news."

Another incident involves Oakhurst Dairy in Maine...Monsanto sued them for saying their milk contains no BGH.  What happens when I claim that our honey is produced without the use of synthesized dsRNA?

deknow