Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 08:06:05 -0600
> The paranoia and fear exhibited by people is absolutely amazing.  Why will
> people accept whatever spews from the fear mongers, and outright reject
> science?

Assuming your question isn't a sarcastic one...

1.  Most people aren't scientists.  They don't worship at that altar.
2.  Science has produced wonderful advances, but it isn't exactly infallible.
3.  Specifically about Monsanto, the company is not going to be able
to gloss over their history of involvement in Agent Orange, DDT, and
PCB production.  The company has been condemned of multiple instances
of false advertising in recent years.
4.  Food is one of the most basic things in our lives and people care
about what they put in their bodies.

I'm not a tinfoil hat guy, but most industries do what's best for
themselves first and consumers second.  Like all of us on this list, I
love my bees.  The idea that a company might take their crop
technology and apply it to honeybees isn't a stretch for me.  In fact,
I think that plans for patented livestock genetics (chickens, pigs,
cows) are probably in execution now.  There is potential profit to be
made.

Rusty
North Alabama, USA