Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:42:04 -0400
> <<A contigent of beekeepers  from France came over just to hear the
> presentations, including representatives from their National Beekeeping
> Association.  Their comment to us was more  or less  -  'we banned the
> neonics and nothing improved.  It must be something else'.>>
>
> In fact ‘neonics’ are not yet banned in France.

Neonics referred to imidacloprid but your concern about accuracy is correct.

The issue addressed was a confirmation of my post which was was a quote
from the IPM newsletter:

Pressure from the French bee-keeping industry led to a ban on the use of
>> imidacloprid on sunflow-
>
> ers and corn, but honey bees continued to die. Finally, in 2004 France
> also banned the pesticide Regent®, which has the active ingredient
> fipronil. According to Schacker (2008), the bees started to recover in 2005
> and even larger numbers were seen in 2006.

The other stuff you note is new. Also the ban was specific to sunflowers
and corn, as noted.

So, what are your comments on the origional posts question  "After Imid was
banned in France, what happened?"

Thank you kindly,

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine