From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 09:18:51 -0400
In a message dated 97-05-23 18:16:31 EDT, [log in to unmask] (George
W.D. Fielder) writes:

<< I ask David Eyre and others to add to this and/or correct.  David, do you
 do anything to saturate your mating area with drones with desirable traits
 for open mating?  And thanks for your recent posting on an easy method of
 queen rearing. >>

    During the winter we remove all nasty bees from our queen rearing area.
 I don't want these to produce any drones.  I probably should be more
vigorous about removing weak ones, etc, because they may carry suceptibility
to tracheal mites, chalkbrood and other bad traits.  I've been more casual
about this, because usually weaker hives don't raise drones in the early
spring anyway.

[log in to unmask]    Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC
29554        (Dave & Jan's Pollination Service,  Pot o'Gold Honey Co.)

Practical Pollination Home Page            Dave & Janice Green
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html