From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:47:41 -0700
Dick Allen offers a link to the archives.  Thanks, Dick!

I use the archived topics, usually about once a month, to go back and filter through the pertinent conversations and discussions.  Otherwise, I have to sort through the e-mails that come my way.  And at times, I'll miss a couple of days checking e-mails which means I need to go back and sort.  The archives is a great resource!

I can see how one could feel the need for quoting lots of previous info, especially if one is not in the middle of the on-going discussion, or if you feel you joined the discussion late because you don't check your e-mails frequently.  But the archives is sorted by topic which really helps keep my head in the stream of the discussion.

When I joined this discussion forum, I set up a separate, designated e-mail address to handle all my "bee-mail."  I've joined several groups, and they come to this "bee-mail" only address (yahoo and hotmail will set you up easily and for free).  Then I usually delete them as I read them, or about once a week try and sort through the common threads (which means I need to go back and find the original e-mail to see how this discussion got started, and how it is now going a different direction on a different track).

I can see the value of lots of quotes to keep my head in the discussion, but the archives is the best answer.  We have a great asset and wonderful people behind the scenes who make this work.  Honoring a request to limit old quotes is easily done.

Grant
Jackson, MO