From:
The Janitors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:04:40 -0500
The following message was edited to remove quotes of entire previous post(s).

When replying to posts, please remember to remove all but necessary quotes of previous messages and and to check that the subject line is correct and still relevant.
---

The worst "honey" my bees ever put up was in Woodland, CA during the late
fall, back in the mid-70's.  The apparent source was the crop of figs that
had dropped to the ground and begun to rot.  The rotting fruit was
accessible to the field bees and they took full advantage of this source.
The honey was very dark - almost black - and had a stinging aftertaste of
alum.  In retrospect, I hope and pray that that will forever be my worst
tasting crop.
Steve Sweet
Boise, ID