From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:10:36 -0400
"I take it the bees respond well to the wood fuel pellet smoke...
doesn't upset them anymore than anything else?

Doug."

Not that I've noticed.  I've used pine needles, wood chips, baling twine, that compacted cotton waste that is sold as plugs you break up, burlap and wood pellets (and a few more things I'm sure I've forgotten), and I've never noticed any particular difference in the way the bees react.  Some smell better than others to me, with dried pine needles probably the best, but the bees don't seem to care one way or the other.  I've observed more of a difference based on weather and/or time of day, rather than smoker fuel.

Bill
Claremont, NH
+43.35687 +43° 21’ 25”
-72.3835   -72° 23’ 01”