From:
Aaron A Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:34:26 -0400
> Has anyone had first hand experience with this new supplement?
No first hand experience other than following the progress of the product and longing for its release.  Gordy pitched the product at EAS 2003 in Bodoin (pronounced Bowdon) and afterwards we went out for beers.

Blatant plug for EAS 2007: http://easternapiculture.org/programs/2007/

If you can't make Gormanston this summer, Delaware is the place to be!  If/when you attend these events; you get as close as you will ever come to doing the research yourself!

But back to MegaBee: Pitched stats were very impressive, photos of bees lined up cheek-to-jowl sucking the supplemental feed down, and my only objection was paying shipment for a wet feed.  I was told at the time (I'm vague who told me) that the formulation would be available dry (just add water), but it doesn't look that way at the URL Brian passed on where it says the product will be "Available as a liquid and in a patty form, the new supplement is likely to be manufactured at Yuma, Ariz."  Shipping will kill me.  Will probably have to buy from a distributor vs. direct and pay accordingly.

I've encourage others with direct, intimate, first-hand participation with the product development to contribute.  In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing my bees cheek-to-jowl as I'm gaining the requested first-hand experience.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!